Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Time Goes So Quickly
I was in the grocery store this morning and an older man was talking to to the boys and I. After a very long wait in line the man said, "I'm glad they aren't mine." My first thought was I'm glad they aren't because your are not a very nice old man!! My response was much kinder. I told him, "I am just trying to enjoy how cute and sweet they are each day."
It got me thinking about how fast the kids are growing up. On a day-to-day basis my job as a mother can be very challening. When I look at the past I am amazed by how fast my children are growing and changing. I thought I would put on some cute pictures of the kids from their earlier days.
It is hard to believe that now Laurel and Lindsay spend all day away from me when I used to wonder if I would ever make it out of the house again. This was when we only had 1 car and the girls and I spent everyday together in our small apartment in Hurricane. Sometimes it is even hard for me to remember what they were like when they were so little, which makes me a little sad, but it also helps me pay better attention to them in the here and now. So even though I feel like my house is never clean, it is all worth it because 4 sweet little people love me and say (most of the time) "You're the best!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are such a good mommy! Your kids are so lucky to have you! Bonus points for not saying something rude to the crabby old man. He probably needed a nap.
Lucky for the crabby old man that the GRAMS didn't hear that remark.
I miss those little kids. I of course love them to death now, but it would be fun to turn them back into little ones for a few days.
Post a Comment