Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday At Home With Laurel

I did not make it to church today. I wasn't teaching today and Laurel has her first cold of the school year, so I stayed home with her. Of course that means we will not be sharing with the entire primary (Don't you wish everyone would do this?). The saddest part of her cold is that she has asthma. She is such a sweet girl and it is hard to watch her having a hard time sleeping because of a cough that just won't quit. Nighttime is always the worst. It is now 10:20 and she just fell asleep, soundly! It took major prescription cough medicine to quiet her cough and Benadryl for her runny nose.

We had a great time together this morning. On many nights in the past, as I put Laurel to bed, she said, "Sleep you Mommy." The translation is I want to sleep with you mommy! Well today she finally got her chance. She read a new book (She just finished Harry Potter 7 last night) and I read conference talks. After about an hour we decided for sleep. She cuddled up right next to me and fell into a deep sleep. It was just what Dr. Mom ordered for her. We both slept for 3 glorious hours. I am not sure why, but I am still worn out from my gallbladder surgery, darn it! It is nice to get a quiet time with just 1 child to just soak up and enjoy. I love my sweet baby girl Laurel!

1 comment:

museumeg said...

That sounds so nice and cozy! And 3 hours. Woo Hoo! I dream of that.