We are now in the 7th week of the school year. I am always expecting a sick session once school starts. We got all the way to the 4th week and I started feeling a little smug, like maybe the Airborne Power Pixies full of antioxidants created a shield of protection for my children. That's what I get for thinkin! It has been over 2 weeks of sickness. I am pretty sure we got 2 viruses in rapid succession. Laurel is in the best shape now after 2 weeks, a trip to the doctor's, steroids, and antibiotics. Jonathan still has a bad cough, but no fever, and his nose is getting better. Evan had horrible croup and a fever last week, now he only has a bad cough but no fever. Lindsay is struggling. She got sick on Wednesday. She has had a horrible fever, sore throat, and cough. We took her to InstaCare thinking she had Strep, but no dice, so basically there is not much I can do to ease her suffering. At least today she could eat something and her fever is on its way out. So all is well. Michael and I "might" sleep all night soon. I know part of having children is to become more charitable and taking care of sick kids 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for over 2 weeks just might make me a better person!
*So I don't get in trouble with copyrights, the above title is taken from Shel Silverstein's poem.
3 comments:
Oh yuck! Please call me if we can help in any way!
Hang in there Heath. Tell the kids they aren't allowed to be sick for Halloween so they better hurry up and get well. I'll probably make it up there just in time for the second round of schooltime sickness
Poor babies! I'm just learning about the joys of Fall. Josh and Jane have had runny noses since school started almost a month ago!
Post a Comment